Geocaching with Photos

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
arniebarney

Re: Geocaching with Photos

Unread post by arniebarney »

I'm loading the pq's by copy and paste. I stripped out all the ones I had and loaded only one geocache. I associated your supplied images to that cache and I still get the same result of a blank thumb screen.
Montana 700, Monterra, Oregon 450
arniebarney

Unread post by arniebarney »

Update: I inserted a micro sd card and copied the GeocachePhotos directory to it (the one from the gpsr). Deleted the directory on the gpsr and copied back the one from the sd card. Lo and behold I see the thumbs screen rendered correctly. Fingers crossed. It may be something to do with my laptop file system and the copy process. I will try the whole process at home on another pc when I finish my travels. Thanks for your persistence and patience. Gratefully appreciated.
Montana 700, Monterra, Oregon 450
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Fantastic! I was going to suggest trying a different computer next, sounds like you are on your way down that path already!
bon

Unread post by bon »

This is a feature I've never been aware of so I had to check it out. Like the others, I only got as far as the blank white screen and tapping the upper left corner brought up the photo.

But it's rare that I'd have any use for this feature. What I've done in the past is download a spoiler photo from the cache page and just email it to myself with the cache name being the subject. But this method is good to know and I've saved the steps in case I use it in the future.

Link to the 'How To' section on storing photos in the GPSr (Manual Download):
https://www.gpsrchive.com/Shared/Geocac ... hotos.html

Link to viewing the photos (Under 'Photos', about the 6th section from the top.):
https://www.gpsrchive.com/Montana%207x0 ... ching.html

Return to “Montana 7x0”