GPSMAP 66sr Routing Issues

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66sr Routing Issues

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Nail wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:54 pm
gpsrchive wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm Garmin introduced new Off Course Alarms when support for courses was added, and, quite unfortunately, they have not yet provided any documentation about their functionality nor have they included any user configurable settings to control their operation on the device.
It seems that the off-course alarm is not related to the distance, but to the time out of course. You can deviate from the course in a perpendicular line, the faster you move, the further you will get before the alarm sounds.
Have you intervened with Garmin regarding this functionality?
I am informed this is the intended behavior. They use a 'time delay' alert to prevent unnecessary alerts when someone is only briefly off course.
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

GPSrChive wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:49 pm
Nail wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:54 pm
gpsrchive wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm Garmin introduced new Off Course Alarms when support for courses was added, and, quite unfortunately, they have not yet provided any documentation about their functionality nor have they included any user configurable settings to control their operation on the device.
It seems that the off-course alarm is not related to the distance, but to the time out of course. You can deviate from the course in a perpendicular line, the faster you move, the further you will get before the alarm sounds.
Have you intervened with Garmin regarding this functionality?
I am informed this is the intended behavior. They use a 'time delay' alert to prevent unnecessary alerts when someone is only briefly off course.
So basically, no option will be added to adjust this? :-(
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

...unless a sufficient number of users request/demand it...

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr > Troubleshooting > Contact Garmin for instructions.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

The setting option for this alert will be good for users.
Maybe we will specify our requirements and send a request to Garmin to take care of the update tailored to our requirements.

I opt for entering the time and/or distance settings after which the alert will be triggered.
Additionally, sound type settings for the descent and return to the course
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”