Save Track Portion?

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 6x0 series GPSr
LostAgain

Save Track Portion?

Unread post by LostAgain »

Hello All,

Montana 610, firmware 3.5.

I cannot find how to save a portion of a track, is this still possible with a 610?
Garmin's online help says it can be done
But when I tap the 3 line menu button the only option I get is to save the entire track.

What I see on my 610 is different to the 'save track portion' image here, Applications > Track Manager - https://www.gpsrchive.com/Montana/index.htm

I see this:
SDC10268.JPG
If I tap the 3 line Menu again it goes straight to the clear data page giving the option of on or off only.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Save Track Portion?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

You have to stop and restart the tracklog without clearing before that option appears.
LostAgain

Tried that before posting and it made no difference, seems no matter what I try I don't get the option to save a portion.

Perhaps I'm going about it wrong?
I tap Track Manager > Current Track > then the top one in the menu, the sideways triangle, takes me to this page:
SDC10269.JPG
Doesn't matter if I pause & resume, leave paused or leave running, if I tap either the Save icon or the 3 line Menu the only thing that appears is the page the image on the first post shows.
I have a shortcut to stop/start track logging, tried that also, no difference.
Also tried the other menu items under Track Manager and they only go to either Setup Tracks or Restore Defaults.

I have 2 x 610's and the behaviour is the same on both of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LostAgain

It's profile related, and appears on every default profile except Automotive.
The 4 profiles I customised for my own use were based on the Automotive default profile.

Switch to any other profile and the option appears as expected, good one Garmin :roll: :evil:

Return to “Montana 6x0”