weird & wacky routing behaviour

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
steerage250

weird & wacky routing behaviour

Unread post by steerage250 »

I'm on holiday at the moment and have been planning my route in MapSource, then copying it to BaseCamp and downloading to the GPSr. I am using maps based on OSM data - same source of maps for both PC & GPSr.

The routing engine in MapSource behaves just fine, the the routing engine in the GPSr does some **really** wacky things. For example, it will get to a via point, do a U-turn and head back to the last via point, then U-turn again and keep on going on the journey correctly. On another occasion, I had inserted a via point to take the route via the second turn-off from the highway into a waypoint, and wanted it to come back out along the same road. All good in MapSource, but in the GPSr, once it got to the waypoint, it went out to the highway along the 1st turn-off, did a U-turn back to the waypoint and then carried-on correctly. (I eventually split this into 2 routes.)

My question is - do you think there is anyone in Garmin even vaguely interested in investigating this (especially since I am not using Garmin maps) ?

Re: weird & wacky routing behaviour

Unread post by 987 »

Hi.
This can happen if the waypoint is accidentally placed outside or in the lane in the wrong direction (if the road is.mappid with multiple lanes).
Not always but i have observed such things occasionally.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”