Where To? can't be sorted by touch

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
ConiKost

Where To? can't be sorted by touch

Unread post by ConiKost »

I noticed, that main menu and settings menu can be sorted via touch (long press an icon to move it). As an alternative, this can be done manually via Setup -> Menus. But it looks like, that this does not work for Where To?, which only can be sorted manually with Setup -> Menus. Bug? Feature?
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.20, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Where To? can't be sorted by touch

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Not really a bug or a feature, just a missed opportunity at best.

I do not like that you can change the icon locations by drag 'n drop on those pages, as I found during some activities while gripping the device in different ways to ensure I did not drop it actually resulted in some unwanted menu changes.

I personally prefer having to enter a setup menu to make menu sequence changes, but that is only my preference.

I'll send this information along, but am not expecting a response.

Thank you for the keen observations!
ConiKost

Re: Where To? can't be sorted by touch

Unread post by ConiKost »

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:19 am Not really a bug or a feature, just a missed opportunity at best.
Yeah, sorry. With feature, I meant more feature request :-)
gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:19 am I do not like that you can change the icon locations by drag 'n drop on those pages, as I found during some activities while gripping the device in different ways to ensure I did not drop it actually resulted in some unwanted menu changes.
This could be easily fixed by providing an option "lock icons" in main hamburger menu. I know such feature from other non Garmin devices.
gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:19 am I personally prefer having to enter a setup menu to make menu sequence changes, but that is only my preference.
I guess, it depends. If I have to move an icon from bottom to top, this is really annoying, since I have to press 20-30 times the icon in menu and then choose move up :D But If I only want to change one position, this works fast and is okay.
gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:19 am I'll send this information along, but am not expecting a response.

Thank you for the keen observations!
Thank you. I also don't expect any change from Garmin here.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.20, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)

Return to “Montana 7x0”