How to load GPX track on a 60CSx and show it on the map?

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 60 series GPSr
reinhardz

How to load GPX track on a 60CSx and show it on the map?

Unread post by reinhardz »

Hi,

my PC can access the internal memory of my 64sx without any problems, so I can simply load a GPX track into its GPX folder and then use the track manager to set the track to also be displayed on the map.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible with the 60CSx. On one occasion, Windows Explorer was able to find the memory card but not the internal memory. And then the 60CSx also lacks the track manager.

Hence the question asked in the subject line: How do I have to load a GPX track onto a 60CSx so that it is actually displayed?

Thanks in advance for hints

reinhardz

original

Hi,

mein PC kann ja problemlos auf den internen Speicher meines 64sx zugreifen, so daß ich einen GPX-Track einfach in dessen GPX-Ordner laden und per Track-Manager dann einstellen kann, daß der Track auch auf der Karte angezeigt wird.

Leider scheint das beim 60CSx so nicht möglich zu sein. Einmal konnte der Windows Explorer zwar die Speicherkarte, aber nicht den internen Speicher finden. Und dann fehlt dem 60CSx auch der Trackmanager.

Deshalb noch einmal die im Betreff gestellte Frage: Wie muß ich einen GPX-Track auf ein 60CSx laden, damit er wirklich auch angezeigt wird?

Für Hinweise dankt im voraus

reinhardz
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: How to load GPX track on a 60CSx and show it on the map?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The GPSMAP 60CSx allows the user to save up to 20 Tracks, each with up to 500 trackpoints, in internal memory. These tracks can be access from the 'Tracks' page in the user interface.

Unlike modern Garmin devices (such as your GPSMAP 64sx), the GPSMAP 60CSx is not a mass storage device, which means the user has no direct access to internal memory. Instead, you must use a compatible software to load/clear data to/from the device.

My recommendation is to use the software specifically created for this purpose, Garmin MapSource.

More information can be found at:

GPSrChive > GPSMAP 60 > Function > GPSMAP 60CSx > Pages

and

GPSrChive > GPSMAP 60 > Software

Return to “GPSMAP 60”