Status Menu Always Displayed

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
meninosousa

Status Menu Always Displayed

Unread post by meninosousa »

Hey guys, first post
I have a question, since i got my oregon 750t, the status menu would always appear until i actually pressed start.
today was the final straw when i was showing the gps to a friend. how the hell do i deactivate this status menu from appearing?
it's not a bug since when i press start, it doesn't appear anymore
the status menu is this one.

thank you very much in advance
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Status Menu Always Displayed

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Congratulations on your Oregon 7x0 GPSr - Probably the best bang for the buck of any Garmin GPSr you could have selected!

You already partially answered your own question: As you observed, when Activity Mode is enabled, if you are not actively recording a track log, the Status Menu always appears. The simple answer is to 'Start' an activity recording, and the menu will stay hidden unless you open it manually.

There are also other options available to avoid seeing the Status Menu constantly appear.

If you like using Activity Mode, and don't want to have to manually start a new recording each time you power on the device, simply configure Setup > Recording > Auto Start > On, and the Oregon 7x0 will automatically start recording a track log as soon as it has a GPS signal lock after each power cycle! In this scenario, you need to remember to save/clear the current track recording each time you want to start recording a new clean track.

Another option available is to not use Activity Mode, and instead use the Classic menu interface by configuring Setup > System > Mode > Classic (my preference, but maybe not yours).
meninosousa

Re: Status Menu Always Displayed

Unread post by meninosousa »

thank you very much for the fast reply
i will try that (both options) and see what will suit me best
thank you, merry christmas and a happy new year

Return to “Oregon 7x0”