Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Oregon 7x0 Firmware 6.00

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Oregon 7x0 Firmware Update version 6.00, Published September 03, 2021:

Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.00:
  • Fix potential shutdown when downloading geocaches from Geocaching Live

This update is being released in stages via Garmin Express, and should be available to everyone soon.

Please report your observations here!
stantastic

Re: Oregon 7x0 Firmware 6.00

Unread post by stantastic »

Saw this post today (Sep 11), so I ran Garmin Express on my Oregon750 but it said I was up to date (with Firmware 5.90). Guess I'll wait until it says otherwise. Leaving on a 2-week trip very soon, so maybe I'll hold off on any updates anyway until after I return.
mity!

Unread post by mity! »

Installed 6.00 yesterday from GCD file. Saw no issues yesterday and a try to download geocaches via GC-live worked fine. Keeping my fingers crossed...
moppedurmel

Unread post by moppedurmel »

Same for me, update with gcd file. Made some tours. No issues found.
renelm

Unread post by renelm »

I have had the 750t for some years now and there are only a few minor problems with it:
1) When using bluetooth and connecting it to the garmin app on my phone, I can download caches via Live exactly once. On 2nd try, it loads indefinetely.. reboot and then it works again. Once. If I shjare internet via wifi on the phone there are no issues.
2) I recently inherited a Chirp from a friend who has stopped geocaching. I can find the chirp just fine, but when I hit 'program chirp' the GPS.. turns off in a blink.. Another friend with a 700t has no issues getting to the 'insert pin number' screen.

I realize that with more than a year since the last update, Garmin is probably not going to work more on this unit and I have always been frustrated how difficult it is to get to their user support for nothing but replacemenbt units.. no forum to report issues in, unless you have another one of their products.

Cheers & Happy New Year
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Not my favorite fix, but a hard reset of the device and rebuilding of all your profiles and preferences may resolve those issues.
stantastic

That's one of the things I don't like about these units (probably ALL of Garmin's handhelds, I'm guessing) -- after you go through multiple pages, maps, dashboard settings, units, etc., etc. and have everything set up just the way you like, the need of a "hard reset" puts everything back to factory default and you have to start over again. And that's why I try to avoid the need to do that (or at least HOPE I don't have to do that). What a PITA :cry:
GPSrChive
Site Admin

You can copy your profile folder first then copy them back after the hard reset, and if the bug is not in the profile settings you should be OK.
stantastic

True ;)

Return to “Oregon 7x0”