User Created vs Personal Waypoints

Discussion related to GPSrChive 'How To...' pages
CheminerWill

User Created vs Personal Waypoints

Unread post by CheminerWill »

I keep a file with my personal waypoints on my GPSMAP 66. I also often create “marked” waypoints when hiking. These waypoints all show up together in the waypoint list on the GPSr. Usually I delete the created marked waypoints after I sync to BaseCamp. When there are only a few, deleting one by one is not an issue but when I have a bunch of the marked waypoints to delete it would be easier to delete them all at once.

I can sort the list so the marked waypoints all appear together, but still have to delete one by one.

I can remove the personal waypoint file so that the only waypoints on the GPSr are the marked ones and then “delete all”. Then put my personal waypoint file back on the GPSr.

Or I can delete them in BaseCamp. This method however does not reset the waypoint suffix like deleting them on the unit does. In other words, if I delete waypoints 0001 through 0009 on the GPSr, the next waypoint I mark will start over at 0001. If I delete waypoints 0001 through 0009 in BaseCamp, the next waypoint I mark will start at 0010.

Any suggestions as to a better way to handle this? Thanks.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: User Created vs Personal Waypoints

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Manually reset the waypoint suffix to "0000" in Setup > Waypoints?

Return to “How To...”