Zumo 595LM & BaseCamp Symbols

Discussion related to Garmin zūmo series GPSr models
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Zumo 595LM & BaseCamp Symbols

Unread post by GPSrChive »

If you replace that GCD file with the one you downloaded, and then reboot the zumo, the device should reverse update to older version, then you can retest to see how it behaves then before allowing garmin express to update it back to present firmware version....
Warrior

Unread post by Warrior »

Warrior wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:51 pm Just got a new map update... Looks like every time I update the map the available space on the Internal Storage gets smaller and smaller, could it be keeping the previous map versions as does BC? If so can I delete the older ones?
Attached are two videos of what it does, had to shorten them up as they were too big... The screenshot is what it looked like prior to the update...

EDIT: Added one more screenshot of the BC Maps Menu, noticed there are two maps listed now, one under Installed and one under the zumo, dunno how that happened...

Any Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Warrior on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior

Unread post by Warrior »

gpsrchive wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:08 pm If you replace that GCD file with the one you downloaded, and then reboot the zumo, the device should reverse update to older version, then you can retest to see how it behaves then before allowing garmin express to update it back to present firmware version....
Ok, I'll keep that just in case, but as of now it seems to be behaving, aside from the fact I can;t use BC symbols but guess there is nothing that can be done there, now just gotta solve the issue with BC MAP issue, ugh, just when I thought I was done for a while...

Hey, I would like to thank you very much for your continued help and support, great to know there are people such as your self out there willing to help!

Thanks Again...
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Looks to me, based on your screen captures, that the zumo has CNNA 2021.2 installed and BaseCamp has a native installation of the same map, so you can use it when the zumo is disconnected.

I'll bet if you disconnect the zumo, you will only see the (installed) version of CNNA in BaseCamp map menu.
Warrior

Unread post by Warrior »

gpsrchive wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:27 pm Looks to me, based on your screen captures, that the zumo has CNNA 2021.2 installed and BaseCamp has a native installation of the same map, so you can use it when the zumo is disconnected.

I'll bet if you disconnect the zumo, you will only see the (installed) version of CNNA in BaseCamp map menu.
Daaamn this thing is finicky, I just uninstalled it from PC, was still getting the same behavior, so I re-installed to device, got it working there, then after that I installed in again on PC, that took care of it, phew...

What a nightmare, lol :D
Warrior

Unread post by Warrior »

Complaint submitted to Garmin, going to submit this EVERY day to them as a new comment until I get a response...:

I purchased this device to route motorcycle rides using BaseCamp, a Garmin product, for a Garmin Device, Zumo 595LM, yet the symbols, basic ones I might add, are not compatible with the device. I find it ABSOLUTELY incredible that people such as myself are paying you, and have been asking you for this FOR YEARS, to release a software update to allow this, and you choose to ignore this. TONS of people in TONS of forums ALL over the world, INCLUDING your own, asking you to get this done for years and years and time keep passing and you choose to ignore. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software ... ymbol-sets

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index. ... eocaching/

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewto ... 2&start=20

https://freegeographytools.com/2009/cur ... nt-disease

And on and on and on, common, get with the program or another company is going to do it and you are going to lose ALL your motorcycle customers!!!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

For those who are unaware, here is a good BaseCamp and Zumo video tutorial on YouTube.
Warrior

Unread post by Warrior »

And this is the best Tutorial I have found for BaseCamp, I exchanged e-mails with the author and he is working on an updated version, but this one has worked flawless for me, a few links that need updating but other than that, fabulous and highly recommended:

https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/

Return to “zūmo”