OSM maps freezing up device

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
sammyB

Re: OSM maps freezing up device

Unread post by sammyB »

sammyB wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:26 pm Hej, i use 7 OSM Maps from frikart.no.
Never had a problem.
Works great.
Maybe you can check them with JAVAWA JDM!
I have also all the maps on the sd cart,only the preinstalled osm map from garmin is intern.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

sammyB wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 am I have also all the maps on the sd cart,only the preinstalled osm map from garmin is intern.
Can you move one of the maps that give you issues on the microSD card to internal memory and retest that map only while microSD card is removed?
sammyB

Unread post by sammyB »

gpsrchive wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:24 pm Can you move one of the maps that give you issues on the microSD card to internal memory and retest that map only while microSD card is removed?
It is not i with this problem,it is Hangman.
Mikkyp20

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I have been using maps from the site below for a number of years without any issues. On a GPSMAP 64s, GPSMAP 66s, Oregon 650 and Oregon 750t. The FW has always been up to date on all units.

The maps used have been for many countries around the world, and all have been fine.

I use the Generic Routable (New style), and the Routable Bicycle (Openfietsmap Lite) maps.

I used to have them on them sd card, them transferred them to the GPSr. Both ways worked fine.

There is an issue when I pass through a particular location and the GPSr turns itself off, and I have to restart it by pushing the power button. This has happened a number of time when I pass through the same location, when using an Oregon 650, 750t, and GPSMAP 66s.

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”