Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
RunnerAndrew

Re: Map Manager Map List Slow Response [Bug 31]

Unread post by RunnerAndrew »

The map card is a Garmin Topo GB pro 1:25k V3
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

RunnerAndrew wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:03 pm The map card is a Garmin Topo GB pro 1:25k V3
Nice, I'd like the v3 but only got the v2 last July and got it at a very good price, they're just expensive for what they are especially full price for basically a scanned raster image..
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

Just got another 65s unit as for me the 65s was flawless in the two years I used it every day, zero bugs more accurate than the 67 in certain aspects, but anyway back on topic the reason I mention about the 65 is because I have taken my SD Card out of my 67 to use in the new 65s, and I have noticed on the 67 the scrolling issue isn't as bad when there isn't an SD Card in the device, it still isn't as smooth and fast as pre 7.60 but it's a lot better and faster than it was with the SD Card in.

Anyone else noticed this?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

RickN55 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:18 pm [..] I have taken my SD Card out of my 67 to use in the new 65s, and I have noticed on the 67 the scrolling issue isn't as bad when there isn't an SD Card in the device, it still isn't as smooth and fast as pre 7.60 but it's a lot better and faster than it was with the SD Card in.

I tested both with and without an SD card, but I didn't notice any big difference: both situation were laggy. But in both cases I had TopoActive Europe installed on internal memory, and since that's quite a large map (+- 10GB) it could maybe also be related to the map img file sizes?
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

JungleJim wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:54 pm
RickN55 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:18 pm [..] I have taken my SD Card out of my 67 to use in the new 65s, and I have noticed on the 67 the scrolling issue isn't as bad when there isn't an SD Card in the device, it still isn't as smooth and fast as pre 7.60 but it's a lot better and faster than it was with the SD Card in.

I tested both with and without an SD card, but I didn't notice any big difference: both situation were laggy. But in both cases I had TopoActive Europe installed on internal memory, and since that's quite a large map (+- 10GB) it could maybe also be related to the map img file sizes?
Yes my SD Card was the official Garmin GB TOPO OS v2 16GB card which is full from the factory. I don't have topo active maps on mine I deleted them off as I never use them and they're just a massive drain on memory. Sd card scrolling worked fine as said before 7.60.

One thing I've noticed since the update though the weather maps works as it should. No lag or device switch off when viewing the rain forecast like it used to so that's one plus..
JungleJim

Still an issue for me in 8.30. But didn't expect this to be fixed because Garmin engineering team has not been able to reproduce this according to the support rep I was in contact with.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
Backstreetbob

Unread post by Backstreetbob »

JungleJim wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 pm Still an issue for me in 8.30. But didn't expect this to be fixed because Garmin engineering team has not been able to reproduce this according to the support rep I was in contact with.
Tell them to put one of their Garmin topo sd cards in the device and then try it. It is painfully slow which it wasn't before the last software update which added this memory feature on the map menu.
JungleJim

Backstreetbob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm Tell them to put one of their Garmin topo sd cards in the device and then try it. It is painfully slow which it wasn't before the last software update which added this memory feature on the map menu.
Can you please submit a bug report to Garmin Support US (preferably via chat, in my experience that has the best chance of getting serious attention), if you haven't done so already?

The more people report this issue the more likely Garmin will fix it. Also I don't have any Garmin Topo SD cards and I already provided ample evidence with a mix of City Navigator EU and 3rd party OSM-based maps.
Backstreetbob

Unread post by Backstreetbob »

JungleJim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm
Backstreetbob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm Tell them to put one of their Garmin topo sd cards in the device and then try it. It is painfully slow which it wasn't before the last software update which added this memory feature on the map menu.
Can you please submit a bug report to Garmin Support US (preferably via chat, in my experience that has the best chance of getting serious attention), if you haven't done so already?

The more people report this issue the more likely Garmin will fix it. Also I don't have any Garmin Topo SD cards and I already provided ample evidence with a mix of City Navigator EU and 3rd party OSM-based maps.
I've done so, also reported the ascent/descent issue numerous times and getting conflicted responses each time, one minute they're aware of it quite a few have reported it, most recently I messaged them to see what was going on and they said it's in the engineers hands and there's only been me and one other report it! So I've gave up with it.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”