Activity Map page Crash

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
mimichris

Activity Map page Crash

Unread post by mimichris »

As it's been a long time since I last used my 67 due to illness, yesterday hiking, I go to "activities" then my recording, I go to the second page to see the route on the map I press enter and there the 67 goes out alone, I repeated it several times each time it goes out, it seems to me that someone has already talked about it here.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Activity Map page Crash

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Firmware version?
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

mimichris wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:43 pm As it's been a long time since I last used my 67 due to illness, yesterday hiking, I go to "activities" then my recording, I go to the second page to see the route on the map I press enter and there the 67 goes out alone, I repeated it several times each time it goes out, it seems to me that someone has already talked about it here.
Several people here have indeed reported this issue, where the device restarts when performing an action on a map view (other than the Map page). For example see here, here or here. For me it was occurring when I had a dashboard active on the Map page.

I had reported my issue to Garmin and recently got feedback from two different support representatives that this should be fixed in a new update that is supposed to come out end of January. But no guarantees...

I hope Garmin fixed all occurrences of this issue and not only when it occurs on the waypoint page.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

Not been able to create this issue on my 67, though my 3rd unit still likes to turn itself off when viewing the live weather radar and live Geocaching. So buggy these 67s along with the ascent/descent issue. Kind of regret buying it tbh.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
Domi93CH

Unread post by Domi93CH »

For me it also crashes when I want to select a geocache, but as soon as Bluetooth or WiFi was switched on briefly. I was then able to select geocaches without any problems.
mimichris

mimichris wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:43 pm As it's been a long time since I last used my 67 due to illness, yesterday hiking, I go to "activities" then my recording, I go to the second page to see the route on the map I press enter and there the 67 goes out alone, I repeated it several times each time it goes out, it seems to me that someone has already talked about it here.
In fact when it turns off after less than a minute it restarts on its own, because it happened to me yesterday, I thought that the 67 was after manipulating the menu in activity, and no, in the dark I I saw the LED flashing.
mimichris

GPSrChive wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:00 pm Firmware version?

Return to “GPSMAP 67”