Crash when selecting GCLive Lists

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
88S3

Crash when selecting GCLive Lists

Unread post by 88S3 »

New user to this forum. Came here hoping to find a solution to my GPSMAP 67 also crashing during Geocache mode usage. In my case,. the unit works fine most of the time. presently it will reboot once I select "Lists" from the Geocache Live menu. I can provide a short video of the rebooting/error condition if needed. Thank you for this great site full of information.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Crash when selecting GCLive Lists

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Have you tried 'Remove All GCLive Data' first, then reboot, and try again?

Perhaps unregister the device, reboot, register with GC again, reboot, then try again?

Are you using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi when this happens?
88S3

Unread post by 88S3 »

I tried the " remove all GC's" and using a using WiFi connection. I will try the de/re-register idea. I've conceded to the fact that direct gpx file load is probably going to be my best option and will include more info, but there are time when I am away from my PC and might want to download local area GC data.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Just finished some quick testing with our GPSMAP 67 downloading multiple 'Geocache Lists' over both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth without issue.

Can you make a new list with some very basic caches and see if that downloads OK via GCLive on your GPSMAP 67?

If all else fails, a full device Master Reset may be your last option, which will require you to reconfigure all your settings etc again, just like when it was new.

From GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Troubleshooting:
  • How do I Master Reset my GPSMAP 67?
    1. Power the GPSMAP 67 off.
    2. Press and hold the (Page) and (Enter) buttons simultaneously.
    3. Press and release the (Power) button.
    4. The GPSMAP 67 will begin the boot process.
    5. Release the (Page) and (Enter) buttons after the backlight illuminates.
    6. When prompted "Erase all user data?", select [Erase] and press (Enter).
MikeD

Unread post by MikeD »

I reported this issue to this forum and Garmin in July/August last and GPSrchive also reported it as a fault

I sent numerous diagnostic reports to Garmin last year, then silence

Through my supplier in UK , GPStraining, Grmin's tail was twisted and dialogue started again, more detailed diagnostics ....

They suggested I load PQ's via Basecamp or G.Express. That turned out to be a disaster with PQ's not going to the right place ( card) and phantom list heading appearing on the device
After initial denials from Garmin of knowing nothing about the issue , I was through to
Spoiler
Craig was the guy. I put his name in all email headings

Bottom line They have replaced my 67. It is better and with one exception in testing it has downloaded PQ/lists

I told him of the previous reports of the issue via GPSRchive which raised initial scepticism from him, so I put him right on the value and motives of the forum & GPSRchive.

I am now going to cut paste some responses from him which may help forum members with Garmin in getting help here

From Craig at Garmin

" With regards to other reports, that's good to know, though due to the nature of internet forums, people will express their personal views which they are entitled to do and we have no control over this. Our preference would be for them to contact us first so that we can offer support.

I would recommend perhaps pushing them our way so I can look to add them to case in question. If I am able to impact this further, then that raises the level of the investigation, or more so the eyes upon it.

Kind regards,
Craig "

I wrote back

"I will pass on your Referral “ comments to the Forum. The GPSRchive forum is very good and not populated by whingers.. They are genuinely keen on getting devices improved and tweaked .
This issue has been reported by the Moderator of the whole GPSRchive site , the site is everything Garmin! "

Craig's reply with a code to use if contacting Garmin support
"I appreciate that! Often we will use Forum posts within a created case to emphasize knowledge of further issue, but that doesn't increase the "gauge" of the case created but is used more as a reference. That's why the more impacts we are able to add, the easier it'll be for me to push this for further analysis.

Fell free to encourage that post to have anyone experiencing this issue to contact via email, chat or call and reference - PSC-470970.

That'll point our agents in the right direction with regards to clarification and required information.

Kind regards,
Craig

Garmin Outdoor Helpdesk"

I hope the foregoing helps somewhere

Mike

Return to “GPSMAP 67”