Tracks on map gone?

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
CheminerWill

Tracks on map gone?

Unread post by CheminerWill »

I thought this happened to me once a few years ago but not sure I am remembering that correctly. And because my use of my 66sr has been flawless and on auto pilot for a long time now, I have forgotten much of what I learned about the setup menu system. Anyway, what happened is this: Yesterday when recording my track, my line, (breadcrumb track), is no longer laid down on the map. It still records fine and can be loaded after saving, just does not display when hiking. I have not changed anything in the settings, at least not purposefully and I cannot find a setting that controls this? Thanks.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Tracks on map gone?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Please see: GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr > Pages > Recording Controls > Activity Information > Activity Visibility.

Select [Show On Map] and press (Enter) if not already configured.
CheminerWill

Thanks! I had looked at that and left it as it was as I was certain that I had not changed it and "Show on Map" was displayed. However, I needed to choose that so that the menu display changed to Hide and then it started working again. Weird that it would have changed though as I had not been in that menu at all before the tracks stopped displaying. Oh well, all is fine now. Thanks again.
CheminerWill

It is strange but I noticed yesterday that my personal waypoints and geocaches were not showing on the map either. I had to go in and turn those files back on. I wonder what could have reset the display of tracks and waypoints on the map as I sure had not been messing around in the settings.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Any chance you inadvertently changed the active profile or accidentally reset the current profile?
CheminerWill

Good thought. The only profile I use is hike and I just checked, and it is still set to that. I have not noticed anything else changed so far. I have no idea what happened. I did not turn them off and nobody else uses the unit. But I am not going to worry about it for now unless those things get set to off again. Then I will definitely have to figure out what is going on. Thanks for the help.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”