Problem USB connection with PC

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Problem USB connection with PC

Unread post by GPSrChive »

If the device was set to use MTP Mode it would enter that mode automatically when connected. If set to Garmin Mode, it would prompt the user to enter MTP when connected. Since it goes directly to the Map page, this indicates no USB data connection is detected by the device.
pedigree1

Unread post by pedigree1 »

GPSrChive wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:36 pm If the device was set to use MTP Mode it would enter that mode automatically when connected. If set to Garmin Mode, it would prompt the user to enter MTP when connected. Since it goes directly to the Map page, this indicates no USB data connection is detected by the device.
Yes, I see that now having just tested it. I use a third party mapping software to create routes and my 67i is not visible to that software but is visible in windows file explorer. To export a route I have to export to a folder on my PC then drag that into the GPX folder on my Garmin.
Current: GPSmap 67i; Edge 520; GPSmap 62; InReach mini Mk 1. Previous: GPSmap 66s.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

You may want to read this post for an alternative solution.
pedigree1

Unread post by pedigree1 »

GPSrChive wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:31 pm You may want to read this post for an alternative solution.
Thanks, some useful stuff in there.
Current: GPSmap 67i; Edge 520; GPSmap 62; InReach mini Mk 1. Previous: GPSmap 66s.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”