Static fields in trip computer pages?

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
johnassel

Static fields in trip computer pages?

Unread post by johnassel »

Hi,

I noticed that there are static fields when using multiple pages in the trip computer:
- When adding new pages the first four data fields are taken over and are already filled with the data from the page before
- changing one of these fields and the change is made for all other pages, too
To clarify:
34.bmp
When I try to add a new panel based on this one...
36.bmp
... I get a new panel as expected but the first four data fields are taken from the first one.
Changing one of the fields changes the field on the first panel, too.
Why is this?
Is there anything to prevent this since I'd like to have multiple pages with different data fields in the first four fields, too?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Static fields in trip computer pages?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The answer is very simple, actually.

The four data fields at the top of the Trip Computer page are actually the 'Small Data Fields' dashboard, while the data fields below, which can be reconfigured in number and size for each Trip Computer page, are not.

The top third of the Trip Computer page can be configured to display any dashboard desired, not just data fields. The configured dashboard will remain the same across all Trip Computer pages.

Visit GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Pages > Trip Computer for details.

Please also visit the Forum rules link (at the top of the page) for image posting guidelines.
johnassel

Re: Static fields in trip computer pages?

Unread post by johnassel »

Thank you for the explanation!
I've seen the trip computer page but didn't find anything about the first four fields.
Ok - the I have to build my pages around this. :D

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”