Loss of data while recording an e-mtb ride

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Loss of data while recording an e-mtb ride

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Yes, please enter same profile used before, make a new profile in Setup > Profiles (this always copies the active profile), be sure to give new profile a unique name, then remove the Connect IQ data field in the new profile, and save new FIT and GPX from a new similar ride. Please send these files when complete. Thank you again!
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Hello,
I've sent new files created with new profile without "EBIKE MULTIFIELD" data field but
in Connect app ( and on PC page) there are the same problems..
Thank you for your help!
P.S.
With my Edge 1030 and the same e-bike, the data and graphs did not have these problems...
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I have examined the fit file data provided from the second ride with the e-bike connect IQ data field disabled.

Some questions were answered, and new questions created.

I will share with you what I see after all data is collected so I do not unintentionally influence your testing along the way.

You have also provides some photos of the Montana display, are you not aware that you can collect screen captures by configuring the power button to do so? You may find it easier to do so. Please see GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Setup > System > Power Key to configure the 'Screen Capture' option.

Once you have configured the above, please provide screen captures for all Setup > Recording options (including the 'Advanced Setup') on your Montana 7x0 with the newest profile enabled.

Thank you!
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Ok, I will set the power botton for screen acquisition.
In this moment My Montana didnt' have a data value of the last course, because when it saves the data, clears it from data fields.
Do I perform the screenschots equally even without data present?
Thank you for your help!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

codix64 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:53 pm Ok, I will set the power botton for screen acquisition.
In this moment My Montana didnt' have a data value of the last course, because when it saves the data, clears it from data fields.
Do I perform the screenschots equally even without data present?
Thank you for your help!
That is not what I am requesting.
GPSrChive wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:29 pm Please provide screen captures for all Setup > Recording options (including the 'Advanced Setup') on your Montana 7x0 with the newest profile enabled.
Thank you!
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Hello,
I've sent you the latest files with new profile that you have created. :D
Unfortunately do not solve the traces recording problems..
i look forward to hearing from you! ;)

Thank you wery much
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Hello!
Finally I've tested the latest(third) profile that you have sent me..
I've replied at your mail sending you my files .FIT and GPX generated with your new profile..

I look forward to hearing from you!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

So it appears some of the original issues were resolved by disabling the 'auto stop' feature, and the HR data is not broken in the latest test. However, the Speed and Cadence are still experiencing data loss intermittently, and this data is provided via a Connect IQ data field.

I think at this point, after the latest test, you should provide the information gathered to the author of the Connect IQ software, and see how they may want to test further. They may just insist it is a Garmin issue (I doubt it is) and blow you off, or they may check their code and see opportunities for improvement. When was the last time this CIQ software was updated? How often is it updated?

I'm sorry we have not found a full resolution for you yet, but neither you, Garmin or myself have any control over the code in the CIQ app.

Is there another CIQ app you can test with that also works with your equipment? If yes, you can remove the current CIQ app, install the next option, and retest with that software to see if the same behavior is observed.
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Thank you very much for your support!
The IQ data field is updated to the latest version...
I will follow your suggestion and contact the author of the software to explain these problems....
In any case, the best way would be for Garmin to update Montana's ANT + database, taking the EDGE1030 database for full E-BIKE (and accessories) support

Do you think this will be possible in the next firmware updates?

Many E-BIKERS would be happy for this improvement!!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

codix64 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:15 pm In any case, the best way would be for Garmin to update Montana's ANT + database, taking the EDGE1030 database for full E-BIKE (and accessories) support. Do you think this will be possible in the next firmware updates?
Extremely unlikely, as this would negatively impact their EDGE series bicycle computer sales.

The more people that request this capability the more likely they are to consider it, so if this is important to you, please contact Garmin and let them know!
Garmin

Return to “Montana 7x0”