Expedition mode performance

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
jlg2

Expedition mode performance

Unread post by jlg2 »

Does anyone have experience with the 67i in expedition mode?

Does expedition mode change user options for multi-band and satellite groups by disabling certain features? The answer may not be obvious from just checking option settings.

Does the 67i record track elevation correctly in expedition mode on tracks longer than an hour or two. Neither of two 66i devices I checked can record a plausible elevation track for more than an hour.
Przekątny

Re: Expedition mode performance

Unread post by Przekątny »

jlg2 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm Does the 67i record track elevation correctly in expedition mode on tracks longer than an hour or two. Neither of two 66i devices I checked can record a plausible elevation track for more than an hour.
If the altimeter's auto-calibration is set to "Once", then the satellite signal does not affect the altitude registration,
with this setting, the altimeter records altitude only from atmospheric pressure.

When the calibration is set to "Continuous mode", the registration of the altitude is corrected by the GPS signal, which in the case of difficult access to the signal may lead to incorrect altimeter readings

Return to “GPSMAP 67”