Issue with border on Map page with Dashboard enabled [Bug 13]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
JungleJim

Issue with border on Map page with Dashboard enabled [Bug 13]

Unread post by JungleJim »

Found this bug (at least I think it is a bug), also reported it to Garmin and support was able to reproduce the issue.

The issue is that when you enable the dashboard on the Map page, a small empty border is shown at the bottom of the screen. This border is not present when the dashboard is disabled or hidden. The border may not be obvious all the time depending on the map used. With satellite imagery the border is quite visible. The border becomes more visible (ie larger) when you navigate a Route. See below screenshots.
Border on Map page
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_no_border.jpg
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_border.jpg
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_navigate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
mimichris

Re: Issue with border on Map page with Dashboard enabled [Bug 13]

Unread post by mimichris »

I had never paid attention, but it's the same to a lesser extent on the 66sr, as soon as you put the dashboard there is a white line at the bottom of the screen of less than about 1mm that appears. It's not a problem since I didn't notice it.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
JungleJim

Does the border get larger on the 66sr as well when turn-by-turn instructions are shown (when navigating a route)?

At first I didn't pay attention as well, but as the border gets larger when turn-by-turn instruction are shown when navigating a route, it definitely looks like a bug to me albeit a small one.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

This is definitely a bug, thank you for pointing it out!

One thing Garmin is really good at is repeating the same bugs over and over again from one model to the next, as if engineering and software development notes were never passed from one team to another.

This particular case is no different.
pxl

Unread post by pxl »

What is really an issue here is that there is no way to show only 2 data fields there (or make the large data field half height for that matter), so a large portion of the already small screen will be covered.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

pxl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:08 am What is really an issue here is that there is no way to show only 2 data fields there (or make the large data field half height for that matter), so a large portion of the already small screen will be covered.
Please see GPSMAP 67 FAQ 49.
mimichris

JungleJim wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:20 pm Found this bug (at least I think it is a bug), also reported it to Garmin and support was able to reproduce the issue.

The issue is that when you enable the dashboard on the Map page, a small empty border is shown at the bottom of the screen. This border is not present when the dashboard is disabled or hidden. The border may not be obvious all the time depending on the map used. With satellite imagery the border is quite visible. The border becomes more visible (ie larger) when you navigate a Route. See below screenshots.
Border on Map page
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_no_border.jpg
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_border.jpg
issue_border_with_dashboard_GPSMAP_67_navigate.jpg
on my 67, with four data fields, the image of the card is like the 66sr, there is not even 1mm of clearance at the bottom, which is not a problem.
JungleJim

Not yet fixed in 5.30.
mimichris

I still have a bar of 0.5mm not bothersome in fact.
JungleJim

Not fixed in device software 5.90.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”