Routes no longer re-calculated (Resolved)

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
CavReconSGT

Routes no longer re-calculated (Resolved)

Unread post by CavReconSGT »

I am wondering if this is a bug or a new "feature". If you are following a route on the GPS and you run off the route the GPS use to automatically re-calculate. It no longer does that. If you run off the route it doesn't seem to do anything expect wait for you to return to the route. Is this recalculating available as an option now? Was this something that fell off the new release? Is it planned to be brought back?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Routes no longer re-calculated (Resolved)

Unread post by GPSrChive »

A. Firmware version?
B. How was the Route started? Are you following a GPX route, or is the device simply routing you to a selected destination?
C. How far off the route are you?
D. Please provide screen captures of all settings under Setup > Routing on your Montana 7x0. (probably two pages)

More details so we can test, please!
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

Could be this Bug #3, which Garmin considers as a feature?
Otherwise, My 750i with 16.50 just works fine and recalculation works.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
CavReconSGT

OK. So I looked the setup for Routing and they now DO have a category called "Off Route Recalculation" Never saw that before OR it was set to Automatic before. It was now, by default I think set to Off. I have set it to "Prompted". It is in Setup->Routing->Advanced Setup->Off Route Recalculation. I think that this will make the difference and when I test it I will report back.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

CavReconSGT wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:15 pm OK. So I looked the setup for Routing and they now DO have a category called "Off Route Recalculation" Never saw that before OR it was set to Automatic before. It was now, by default I think set to Off. I have set it to "Prompted". It is in Setup->Routing->Advanced Setup->Off Route Recalculation. I think that this will make the difference and when I test it I will report back.
GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Setup > Routing wrote: Off Route Recalculation
  • Available only when Direct Routing is disabled
  • Select how the device will recalculate when off route
    • Prompted
    • Automatic
    • Off
CavReconSGT

I tested the "off route re-calculation" on the GPS. I set it to prompted and it works as advertised. I am not sure why it switched from automatic to off or if it is new and off was the default setting. Anyways, it works as advertised.

KR

Return to “Montana 7x0”