Compatibility with Huntview Plus & Topo U.S. 24k

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPSr
hereinhelena

Compatibility with Huntview Plus & Topo U.S. 24k

Unread post by hereinhelena »

Will Garmin Huntview Plus & Topo U.S. 24k work on the 66i? Huntview lists the 66s & 66st, but not the 66i as being compatible. Topo U.S. 24k doesn't list any of the 66-series as being compatible. It seems like both should work, but I want to verify before buying the chip(s). The Birdseye imagery on the Huntview chip would be nice, but if that won't work, the 24k topo & trails will be very good to have. Interestingly, an older Onyx chip that I have for Montana does work in it - but I need some other states.

Any help is appreciated.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility with Huntview Plus & Topo U.S. 24k

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The 66i is essentially a 66s/st with additional inReach hardware added on, they are otherwise virtually identical, so I can not imagine why these standard Garmin maps would not work with the 66i, and suspect this is an oversight on their part.

We do not have those maps to test with however, so hopefully some of our members will speak up if they are using these maps successfully in their GPSMAP 66i devices.

Edit to add: Topo 24K and HuntView Plus maps are listed on the Garmin GPSMAP 66i page.
hereinhelena

Thank you for your quick response. I ordered a Topo-24k chip. It should arrive next week. I will post a confirmation if it works.
hereinhelena

I purchased the TOPO U.S. 24K - West. It works well in the GPSMAP 66i.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Good to know the map worked OK even though they 'forgot' to list it as compatible!

Return to “GPSMAP 66i”