CPE Actual and no satellites.

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
mimichris

CPE Actual and no satellites.

Unread post by mimichris »

Today little hike, at the start I turn on the 66sr, no satellite, I had to wait more than an hour to finally see the satellites, yet I put it in mode without the multi-band .
So I recorded the course on my smartphone itself multi-band. I think I will revert to version 5.20.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
mimichris

Re: CPE Actual and no satellites.

This morning, I deleted the CPE.bin file and the 66sr as soon as it is switched on finds satellites.
When I look on the "info" page the CPE came back on its own without having connected the 66sr. So I guess it makes itself automatically as soon as the 66sr has detected satellites or through WiFi it updates......
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

How much time passed between deleting the CPE file and when you noticed it was 'current' again?

Were Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled?
mimichris

I connected the 66sr to the smartphone then I deleted the CPE.bin with files explorer, I disconnected the 66sr from the smartphone then I turned it on, soon after the satellites were visible, I will see "info" and "Missing CPE" the satellites being well acquired, after a few seconds, I will again see "Info" and "current CPE".
I still have WiFi activated as well as BT but I was not connected to Garmin Connect or Garmin Explore.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

What model smartphone, and what app was used to 'delete' the CPE.BIN?
mimichris

Smartphone MI9 Xiaomi.
There is no specific application in fact when I connect the 66sr to the smartphone I have a window which opens and which shows that the 66sr is connected as well as the memory card of the 66sr, just click on this window to be in the directory of the 66sr.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Sounds like the CPE file must have been reloaded via Wi-Fi under the circumstances you describe.
mimichris

The WiFi can be but it seems that Garmin has not yet given the possibility of loading the CPE.bin with the WiFi, or it is all new and it would be good, no need to take care of it anymore, it would be automatic.

Here are the directories on my smartphone:
2022_09_27_17.49.59.jpg
2022_09_27_17.50.07.jpg
2022_09_27_17.50.28.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mimichris

When you change region by more than 300Km, does the downloaded CPE.bin take into account the region where you are, or is it the same for everyone?
Example, I load a CPE.bin at a given location, I turn off the 66sr, I change region more than 300Km from the first, is the CPE.bin the same or does it take into account the where are we?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

While I can not confirm it, I suspect the CPE.BIN file provides information for the entire constellation.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”