Does Active Weather forecast work? [Bug 49] [Bug 57] [Crash 5]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
ljnjtrails

Does Active Weather forecast work? [Bug 49] [Bug 57] [Crash 5]

Unread post by ljnjtrails »

I see Bug #49 for the GPSMAP 66sr is "Active Weather page no longer provides forecast information after updating to firmware version 4.90." This is listed as a bug in firmware 4.90 and fixed in 5.20.

But my GPSMAP 66sr is using firmware 5.20, and while the other Active Weather features work - radar, clouds, temperature, wind maps - the Forecast tab shows the current weather and then some empty space below. No forecasts.

Does anyone know if Active Weather - Forecasts actually works with firmware 5.20? I am pretty sure, from snooping around, that my GPSMAP is receiving forecast data, it just does not seem to be able to display it.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Does Active Weather forecast work? [Bug 49] [Bug 57] [Crash 5]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Interestingly, we are also unable to get our 66sr (v520) to display any weather forecast information.

First attempt was via Wi-Fi internet connection, and when that returned no results after a few minutes of waiting, we disabled Wi-Fi to test via Bluetooth and our 66sr crashed. (Crash 5)

After restarting our 66sr, we were able to test via Bluetooth with no improvement, and found the Wi-Fi radio now unresponsive to user input (Bug 57).

The GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr > Common Issues page has been updated.

Thank You!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

It has been suggested that Bug 49 has actually been resolved on the device, and the current failure to load forecast information may be a service provider issue.

Please continue to retest daily if you can, and let us know if it starts working again!
ljnjtrails

Unread post by ljnjtrails »

Yes, I was just about to post this and you beat me to it.

Today it is working. No idea what (if anything) I did, but now I get daily forecasts on the Forecasts tab, and select one to see hourly forecasts (at least for the first few days). I did use Manage Locations to select one of my saved locations, but I don't think that 'fixed' it. Going back now to My Location, it still works.

Sorry for the false alarm. Maybe change bug #49 back to green for 5.20?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Garmin just implemented a fix earlier today.

We have updated the common issues page.

Thank you for the update and confirmation!

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”