Operation without a battery

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 6x0 series GPSr
Mick F

Operation without a battery

Unread post by Mick F »

I use AA rechargeable batteries in Monty.

The other day, I came home and removed them for recharging, and straight away afterwards, I connected up Monty to my computer to load another route for the next day. Monty went into USB mode and I opened the GPX folder and transferred my prepared route into it and then safely removed Monty from my computer.

Later, when the batteries were charged, I put them in, then put Monty to one side for the next day.

The day arrived and I switched on and opened up Track Manager, and my route wasn't there! :shock:
Connected up again, transferred it again (I still had it available) and all was well.

I've experimented again, and the same issue is evident. No batteries, and routes aren't saved despite successful USB mode connection.

Mick.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Operation without a battery

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I have tested this several times now with my Montana 680, and have been unable to duplicate. All copied GPX files are always available on the GPSr after transferring them to GPSr without battery installed, just as you describe.

You do say you could not find your route in Track Manager. Routes (if it was indeed a route and not a track) are accessed via Route Planner, and will not be visible in Track Manager.
Mick F

Re: Operation without a battery

Unread post by Mick F »

Ah.
That might be the difference then.

I save mine as GPX Track.
I follow the pink line on the maps.
No turn-by-turn instructions, just a pink line the map to follow. Brilliantly simple system.

Not tried Route Planner but the way I do it with GPX Tracks is what I want and will continue to use.

Mick.

Return to “Montana 6x0”