GPSMAP65s - Galileo Satellites Flashing [Bug 8]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 65 series GPSr
pokyyy

Re: GPSMAP65s - Galileo Satellites Flashing [Bug 8]

Unread post by pokyyy »

Sounds very familiar; various issues with my 66i resulted in dozens of promises similar to this. After 10 months of being passed from pillar to post, I rang Garmin USA and they had no idea what I was talking about. 20 months now and still no response from them but thankfully I don't have the unit any longer, I sent it back to the retailer for a full refund while it was still within the warranty period.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Domi93CH wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:52 pm And do you think will it be fixed or not
Absolutely yes!
boschettuzzo

Unread post by boschettuzzo »

Some good news from Garmin Support:
We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with your 65s not changing the Galileo PRN code fields from flashing to solid.
This should be resolved with an upcoming software update for your device. We’re hoping this update is released by the end of September.
Domi93CH

Unread post by Domi93CH »

Nice to hear this, after all, a date is given when this update will come.
who knows what there will be more in there.
0x01

Unread post by 0x01 »

Sounds promising. Lets hope it will get fixed soon by this year.
GPSMAP 65s | eTrex Legend HCx
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

boschettuzzo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:32 pm Some good news from Garmin Support:
We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with your 65s not changing the Galileo PRN code fields from flashing to solid.
This should be resolved with an upcoming software update for your device. We’re hoping this update is released by the end of September.
Hello,
You are lucky to have an answer from Garmin, because I sent two emails to the after-sales service never answered, it must be said that I am in France, do you live in the UK or in the USA?
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Scenicsurfer

Unread post by Scenicsurfer »

This is the answer from Garmin on my request for clarification on this issue (European Support) on my 66sr:

Dear G,

The software team is currently investigating the problem and hopes to fix it with a software update.

Greeting
pokyyy

Unread post by pokyyy »

I have ordered my 65s but not likely to get it before the end of September. I hope this new software will have fixed it by then. I generally have a low tolerance with the Garmin stuff and tend to send them back for a refund if they are faulty from the word go.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

pokyyy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:52 pm I generally have a low tolerance with the Garmin stuff and tend to send them back for a refund if they are faulty from the word go.
Perfect! This way they will have another 'nearly new' unit to wipe clean and send out to another impatient Garmin user that wants to trade their 'brand new' GPSr in for a used one! (and then they can send you theirs)

Seriously, anyone who is not brand new to Garmin understands that most new products are still in 'beta' when released, and that most bugs will get worked out as well as new features added during the first 24 months of the devices life span.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

What I do not understand among the manufacturers, they have a design and control office which must try their products for a while and check that everything is working normally, how is it possible that Garmin has not seen the problem satellites which flash and are never fixed, it is a serious design fault, not all this serious.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.

Return to “GPSMAP 65”