GPSMAP65s - Galileo Satellites Flashing [Bug 8]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 65 series GPSr
Domi93CH

Re: GPSMAP65s - Galileo Satellites Flashing [Bug 8]

Unread post by Domi93CH »

Garmin contacted me about the satellites. Here is the answer from Garmin: Yes, with the new multifrequency devices, the satellites are displayed "reduced" or automatically filtered with regard to the optimal reception properties and evaluability of the frequency bands. This means that only the best satellites that achieve the best positional accuracy are displayed. Since the accuracy doesn't suffer, this "problem" has been resolved for me, now only the best signals are used (preferably from GPS). But I don't think any Garmin device will ever find the position if the GPS fails because this is always the first thing to be recorded before Galileo / Glonass come in.

I dont have the blinking Galileo Satellites like you telled about it, i have today 0 Galileo, yesterday 1-2 Galileo and at saturday 4-6 Galileo. Sometimes the Galileo is better than all other combinations but not everyday.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The problem with that explanation is that thier other multi-band GPSr, the GPSMAP 66sr, does not behave in this manner, so we are calling B.S.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:00 pm The problem with that explanation is that thier other multi-band GPSr, the GPSMAP 66sr, does not behave in this manner, so we are calling B.S.
Hello,
So much the better if the 66sr is not like the 65s when it comes to satellites. Because I ordered it yesterday.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
pokyyy

Unread post by pokyyy »

Could you please update us on 66sr and this particular bug when you get it?
I personally am interested to hear about other problems you might have had with 65s that do not occur with 66sr.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

pokyyy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 pm Could you please update us on 66sr and this particular bug when you get it?
I personally am interested to hear about other problems you might have had with 65s that do not occur with 66sr.
Have you checked out the Common Issues page at GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr?
Domi93CH

This week I synchronized the 65s with Garmin Express and also received a CPE bin, because I was able to observe the same problem that the Galileo satellites appeared and only blinked. However, this only affects the satellites that have gone up since the creation of the CPE.bin, at first only a few one two days later, but then almost all of them. With autolocate, the satellites come back in without blinking, or they remain silent after a while. However, the accuracy doesn't seem to suffer from this, my test point only deviates a few hundredths of an arc second from the reference point. I contacted Garmin again about this problem (let's see what it brings)

Some one knows where i can find beta Firmware for the 65s?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Garmin have not yet published beta firmware for the GPSMAP 65 series.
Domi93CH

Hello everyone,

I got an answer from Garmin:
We have received isolated reports that relate to the problem you are describing.

The relevant development departments in the USA have already been informed of the matter.
Unfortunately, a statement about when and in what form a solution will be available cannot be made at this point in time.
So we just wait and see?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

This has always been SOP (standard operating procedure) for Garmin.
Domi93CH

And do you think will it be fixed or not

Return to “GPSMAP 65”