Display Firmware Version

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
Colourise

Display Firmware Version

Unread post by Colourise »

I have a question just for information purposes, if anybody has the answer.

I have just updated the firmware on my Montana 700 to version 6.40 via Garmin Express.
The display SW version is shown as 85.06 which according to Garmin UK is the latest version.
However, on the firmware page of this web site the latest version is shown as 85.07.

Has 85.07 been withdrawn? Was this version responsible for some of the problems relating to non-responsive screens?

Thanks
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Display Firmware Version

Unread post by GPSrChive »

So, your Montana 7x0 Setup > About page shows device software version 6.40, and display software version 85.06?

If yes, please list all available options displayed in Setup > Accessibility > Touch Sensitivity.
Colourise

Hi

The options displayed are:-

Rain
Normal
Glove
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Interesting.

The Display Software was updated to 85.07 when the 'Rain' option was added...

However, it appears the 85.07 update is not required for the 'Rain' selection to work properly.

If desired, you could attempt to update the Display Software to 85.07 manually using the information provided at: GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Firmware > Touchscreen Updates.

Of course, you must assume all risks when manually updating your device software (some users have reported inoperable touchscreens after the 85.07 update).

Or, you could leave well enough alone, and wait for another update to be pushed to your device through Garmin Express.
Colourise

Well, 85.06 shows the option for Rain to be selected, whether the Rain option actually works properly or not I cannot say as I haven't tested it.

At the moment I will leave well alone and wait for any further updates to be installed via Garmin Express.

However, thanks for coming back to me on this.

Return to “Montana 7x0”