"Calculating 0%" [Bug 122]

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: "Calculating 0%" [Bug 122]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Someone else had posted here (or maybe elsewhere) that Garmin had told them the Montana 7x0 would get its next update in August of this year. Today is August 1. That's all I know!
CavReconSGT

Unread post by CavReconSGT »

Thanks
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

GPSrChive wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:15 pm Someone else had posted here (or maybe elsewhere) that Garmin had told them the Montana 7x0 would get its next update in August of this year. Today is August 1. That's all I know!
That was me ;-) All I know, that Garmin said to me for a different bug, that there is supposed to be released a firmware update in August. No exact date, so it also can be end of August.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
CavReconSGT

ConiKost wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:04 am
GPSrChive wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:15 pm Someone else had posted here (or maybe elsewhere) that Garmin had told them the Montana 7x0 would get its next update in August of this year. Today is August 1. That's all I know!
That was me ;-) All I know, that Garmin said to me for a different bug, that there is supposed to be released a firmware update in August. No exact date, so it also can be end of August.
I am not holding high hopes to be honest. They could at least tell people the bug number they have and priority. We did that all the time with our customers. It was on our website for everyone to see. I really don't know if they think this is a big enough problem to warrant manpower. I really can't figure out how everyone isn't having this problem. How is it just 10 people worldwide are having this problem? Anyway, I'm running 10.90 until they say they fixed it.
CavReconSGT

So at least some good news.

I asked the question of the Garmin support people working on my ticket:

I asked:
Can you tell me if this is a bug that Garmin is working on? If it is, what priority does it have, and when do you think a solution will be released?

GARMIN TECH SUPPORT said:
Yes this is something we are investigating. That is why we are asking people to try these work around steps. I still do not have a timeline of a fix.

At least they know I'm not making this up so hopefully they will come up with a solution.
CavReconSGT

I received good news from Garmin on this today.
Garmin tech support wrote:I was informed today that there is a software update coming soon that will fix this issue. We are expecting mid August.
Looking forward to seeing this fix.

KR
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

Garmin said, next firmware is delayed to mid oktober.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

There remains a very real chance this is a multi-faceted issue that involves additional work by another department that is not yet completed.

Perhaps the map images require some internal database restructuring by the cartography department before the updated firmware can read them properly.

Hopefully they don't keep pushing this fix out until the next iteration of the Montana is released and they can just call it a 'New Feature'.

:evil:
CavReconSGT

Yeah. I had checked with them after they failed the 9/15 date. They told me then, that they expected the new firmware release date to be around mid to late October. I can't say I have high hopes but I will be sending another email to them to see what the new date is. Frankly its remarkably disappointing.
CavReconSGT

I checked with Garmin on the release that was originally scheduled for mid August, then change to mid to late September. This was the latest response
"It looks like mid October now. That is subject to change."

Hope springs eternal.

KR

Return to “Montana 7x0”