Montana 700i or 700+inReach Mini?

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
josafrik

Montana 700i or 700+inReach Mini?

Unread post by josafrik »

Hello,
I have read the information on the website carefully where it is recommended preferably not to buy the 700i model due to certain problems and instead the purchase of the 700 plus an inReach device; against it is the higher cost and that comes without the City Navigator.
Has the 700i improved with the latest updates? Or will it be better to wait a while to see if the problems are solved?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Montana 700i or 700+inReach Mini?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Do you like recording your tracks on the device in GPX format for future review of your trips?

The current firmware will still stop your GPX track log recording when you stop inReach tracking, as well as stop inReach tracking when pausing GPX tracklog recording to save individual tracks.

If you don't mind the hassle and inconvenience of potentially losing data due to unexpected device behavior, the 'i' models are still OK.

See GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Main Menu > Recording Controls and GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Main Menu > Tracking to see additional details, including an easy to memorize operational flow chart....

I'm still holding out for a Gen II 7x0 with Multi-Band.

Return to “Montana 7x0”