Battery pack vs AA pack

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
felix750

Re: Battery pack vs AA pack

Unread post by felix750 »

Exurban wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm Should have said mW, not mWH. And even if you drop the LI nominal voltage to 3.6 and bump the NiMH up to 1.25, the LI pack still has more capacity.
mWH is correct, as the capacity of battery is mAH.
Exurban

Unread post by Exurban »

felix750 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 am
Exurban wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm Should have said mW, not mWH. And even if you drop the LI nominal voltage to 3.6 and bump the NiMH up to 1.25, the LI pack still has more capacity.
mWH is correct, as the capacity of battery is mAH.
Thanks. I don’t know why I confused myself and I try to use the correct terminology. Was going to correct myself a second time but I didn’t think anyone read any of the few posts I made. I think I least got the numbers right.
Themistokles

Unread post by Themistokles »

No, it's the other way around. When we speak about capacity, we are talking about mWh. But you should have said mAh instead of mA ;) And yes, you've got the numbers right.

Best regards,

Themistokles
Themistokles

Themistokles

@Moderators

Thanks for moving my last post, but ...

At the new location, I guess it is misleading, because it is out of context. It was really intended as a reply in exactly this thread in the Montana 7x0 forum. I just wanted to say that it probably generally leads to wrong results if we believe the pure theory and the capacity ratings (although I have done the measurements I mentioned using another device). In other words, I just referred to the behavior of another device to give a general answer to the OP's question in this thread.

Thank you very much, and best regards,

Themistokles

Return to “Montana 7x0”