Request feature. Ability to enlarge favorites bar icons

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
truckinguy

Request feature. Ability to enlarge favorites bar icons

Unread post by truckinguy »

I have large fingers and would like to enlarge the icons in the favorites bar. Especially if gloves are worn. At least a bit larger. One option choice would be fine.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Request feature. Ability to enlarge favorites bar icons

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What is the actual issue you are experiencing?

If these icons were made any larger, they would be closer together, making it easier to unintentionally select the wrong one.

Perhaps you can try removing one icon from the bar (you can have max 5, but can also have less) to 'add spacing' between them, and this may make them easier for you to select?
truckinguy

Unread post by truckinguy »

No issues yet really. I have large fingers and small icons are a nuisance. I see now there is no room to enlarge unless removing one or so. Maybe go taller? Probably wouldn't work well and Garmin wouldn't do that.

I always enlarge my icons on phones and also had a Monterra with a app that did it.. One of the cons of being a big and tall guy. I have many cons on that. Ha.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Yeah, all the icons are the same width and height, so to make them taller would mean also making them wider, and this would result in the loss of at least one icon total, as well as requiring reformatting every other page to use the smaller space available above the favorite bar.

So, very unlikely.

My better half is a smaller person, and she always complains that everything is too large or too high. :lol:

Return to “Montana 7x0”