Garmin Announces Montana 7x0

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
luvvinbird

Re: Garmin Announces Montana 7x0

Unread post by luvvinbird »

gpsrchive wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:12 pm That question is answered on the GPSrChive > Montana 7x0 > Operation > Power Sources page.
As always, a wealth of information. Thank you!
truckinguy

Unread post by truckinguy »

Still not use to the size of this unit. As of now I use the 680 for both snomobileing and hiking. This 700 would be fine for snowmobileing but hiking? way too big for me to grapple so far. I'm trying but I carry the 680 in a case on front of left chest shoulder strap allowing me to give it a good view of the sky and easy to grab and read then put back. No were else really to carry it on my person because of the large hiking day pack. But this 700 would be like carrying a brick. I was hoping for a change of the current 680 to galileo support and maybe a bit bigger or brighter screen but man. Am I wrong on this?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Sounds exactly how many new users felt when the Montana 6x0 was released... And the Montana 7x0 size was the first thing I noticed as well... but I just finished a long weekend of hiking with it without giving it a second thought. Rides well in cargo pants pocket.

Return to “Montana 7x0”