GPSMAP 66i unexpected behaviour: Pointer arrow on map page drops down after pressing enter

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPSr
MountainAir

GPSMAP 66i unexpected behaviour: Pointer arrow on map page drops down after pressing enter

Unread post by MountainAir »

I noticed this week that when selecting a point on the map page with the pointer arrow, the pointer arrow drops down for a second when the menu comes down after having pressed enter. The arrow doesn't stay on the selected location. Also, when for instance you've selected a geocache on the map, not only the arrow drops down, but also the "silhouette", or better, the "shadow" of the geocaching symbol drops down with it. It drops down in a straight line.
The arrow returns to the correct point almost immediately, so it's not a big problem, but I had not noticed this behaviour before this week. Maybe it was already there and I just didn't notice it, but I believe it's a new thing that came with software update 8.10.
It's strange because I thought the last update done to my 66i was 7.20, but in the "About" information it shows software 8.10. I can't remember I got a prompt for it to install it; the last time I got a prompt I thought was for software version 7.20.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66i unexpected behaviour: Pointer arrow on map page drops down after pressing enter

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for this report!

We have duplicated this behavior, and more.

Information sent to Garmin software engineers and posted as GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66i > Common Issues > Bug 35.
MountainAir

Re: GPSMAP 66i unexpected behaviour: Pointer arrow on map page drops down after pressing enter

Unread post by MountainAir »

Thank you! The good work of this site is really appreciated!

Regards from the Netherlands

Return to “GPSMAP 66i”