New Garmin eTrex 22x, 32x

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex 22x, 32x GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

New Garmin eTrex 22x, 32x

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Garmin have announced two new eTrex x2x models, the eTrex 22x and eTrex 32x.

These appear to be essentially a 20x and 30x with added preloaded TopoActive maps for the US and Australia.

Press Release here.

More to come....
Plato

Re: New Garmin eTrex 22x, 32x

Unread post by Plato »

I was hoping this new eTrex would finally get a faster processor, if so I would probably buy one to replace my Oregon 700.
According to https://gpsradler.de/news/garmin-etrex- ... -kurztest/ map panning is just as slow as with the 20x/30x so that's very disappointing and not what I want.
Garmin seems to put all the power inside a brick like the GPSMAP 66 but long distance hikers like me want a small and light unit that doesn't eat batteries every single day.
After some 15 years Garmin still doesn't get it as far as I am concerned. :(
sussamb

Unread post by sussamb »

I use an older Etrex 20 for my hiking, hardly ever need to pan the map so that's not really an issue for me :)

I love it as it fits neatly in my hand and has a great battery life.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Plato wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:02 pm I was hoping this new eTrex would finally get a faster processor, if so I would probably buy one to replace my Oregon 700.
According to {link} map panning is just as slow as with the 20x/30x so that's very disappointing and not what I want.
Garmin seems to put all the power inside a brick like the GPSMAP 66 but long distance hikers like me want a small and light unit that doesn't eat batteries every single day.
After some 15 years Garmin still doesn't get it as far as I am concerned. :(
You can't have a faster processor while maintaining exceptional battery life.

Return to “eTrex x2x”