GPSMAP 66s - BirdsEye Map Crash

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66s - BirdsEye Map Crash

Unread post by GPSrChive »

There have been many Garmin units suddenly having trouble reading data from external data cards recently....
odsweng

Unread post by odsweng »

Hi Masoud-gh,

Thanks for reporting this crash. I have tried to reproduce the crash by downloading an image of approximately similar size, centered on the same coordinates you provided. Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the crash yet.

Could you try downloading a new BirdsEye image for this location, then installing this on your SD Card and removing the image that is causing the crash? I would like to know if you still see a crash with a "fresh" image, as this will help us narrow down on the potential cause.

If replacing with a new image does not resolve this crash, could you please email me a new copy of the system.xml from the Garmin folder of your device? (This file will contain the records of your crashes.) You can email us at outdoor.beta@garmin.com.

Please do not yet delete the image file that is causing the crash, I may need to ask you for a copy of this image if this will help us reproduce the issue. We may explore this option depending on the result of downloading a new image.

Thanks,
Mel
Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team
Masoud-gh

Unread post by Masoud-gh »

odsweng wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm Hi Masoud-gh,

Thanks for reporting this crash. I have tried to reproduce the crash by downloading an image of approximately similar size, centered on the same coordinates you provided. Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the crash yet.

Could you try downloading a new BirdsEye image for this location, then installing this on your SD Card and removing the image that is causing the crash? I would like to know if you still see a crash with a "fresh" image, as this will help us narrow down on the potential cause.

If replacing with a new image does not resolve this crash, could you please email me a new copy of the system.xml from the Garmin folder of your device? (This file will contain the records of your crashes.) You can email us at outdoor.beta@garmin.com.

Please do not yet delete the image file that is causing the crash, I may need to ask you for a copy of this image if this will help us reproduce the issue. We may explore this option depending on the result of downloading a new image.

Thanks,
Mel
Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team
Thank you for reply. I will do it as you explained and let you know ASAP.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”