new 66 owner

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
rockcandymountain

new 66 owner

Unread post by rockcandymountain »

If I hit find, can I make the unit go straight to unfound geocaches.

Also, Is there a way I can edit which function are showing on the bottom of the screen, the ones that scroll whe pushing the quit key?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: new 66 owner

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Welcome to GPSrChive!

Press (Find) > [Geocaches] to search for unfound geocaches.

The desired 'Page Ribbon' icons and sequence can be configured in [Setup] > [Menus] > [Page Sequence]

All this and much more available at GPSrChive.com!
rockcandymountain

I suppose I should have asked, it there is a way to change the sequence of the items after I push find so that geocaches is the first icon in the list. Reducing the number of button pushes needed
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Configure 'Find Menu' icon sequence in [Setup] > [Menus] > [Find]
rockcandymountain

My brand new 66ST has software version 4.20 on it. Will I be better off if I update to 4.7. I hadn't had any issues with the unit yet, until I did a stop navigating function and the unit froze up. What was weird is that when I took the batteries out, the screen didn't go blank for a minute or two.

Also, when the screen time out kicks in is there any other way to bring it back on besides pushing the power button?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

1. I would not load 4.70, wait for the next firmware version, which will be available soon.

2. No. This is by design to prevent accidental button presses while stowed in a bag or pack from waking the device and causing device settings to be unintentionally reconfigured while running the battery low.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”