suggested feature Active routing should show distance left to target and time left to target

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr

suggested feature Active routing should show distance left to target and time left to target

Unread post by 987 »

On the GPSMAP 66st (software 4.10, GPS 2.70) i would like to suggest a old new feature.

On the active route page, while in an active route.
At some older GPSrs the very bottom line always shows the remaining distance and remaining time to the target.
This is configurable to also show arrival times instead of time to go.

At least i would like to suggest that this comes back to the GPS, because it is very handy to easy see how much total distance there is left, plus how much time it will take (calculated), without need to enter the last section of the route, or adding specific fields to the trip page or dashboard.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: suggested feature Active routing should show distance left to target and time left to target

Unread post by GPSrChive »

So, to be clear, the currently displayed time and distance to the next turn is not what you are looking for?

You want to see distance and time to destination on the 'Active Route' page?

You can select the final destination in the Active Route list and it will display the total time and distance from your current location in those same two data fields.

Re: suggested feature Active routing should show distance left to target and time left to target

Unread post by 987 »

Yes. correct.
The reason for having the information there is that it will be very quick to access without pressing many buttons (selecting the last section and entering it).
it becomes very convenient to have it there. A quick way to see how much is left of a travel.
I can add equivalent data fields to the trip computer and perhaps on the dashboard, but since i don't do routing all the time, it will take two fields which will be blank a lot of the time and use unnecessary much of the screen.
Compare etrex vista hcx, picture attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Added Missing Feature #7 to GPSMAP 66 Common Issues page.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”