"Recent Finds"

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
steerage250

"Recent Finds"

Unread post by steerage250 »

With my old GPSMAP 60csx, anything I searched for, or navigated to, ended-up in the Recent Finds category. This was mostly very good, although when creating a bunch of waypoints, they would all end-up in there too which generally was a pain (but good if you just created one or two waypoints).

With my GPSMAP 66, it seems that only waypoints you search for go into Recent Finds. If you find a POI, or browse on the map for a location then execute a "Go", they don't end-up in Recent Finds. This last example is a nuisance, because often it takes you some time to scan around the map to locate the point you want to go to, then if you stop the navigation (eg try to navigate to somewhere else), then you want to return to the original point - you have to find it all over again.

I suspect that the chances of Garmin changing this functionality are "slim-to-non-existant", but I'd like to put my vote in for a change for the next model:
- anything that a "Go" is executed on goes into Recent Finds
- and waypoints created go into Recent Finds
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: "Recent Finds"

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Doing a little arm chair research here over the last few minutes I have been able to deduce that:
  • Any POI or other map item first 'discovered' via the 'Where To?' menu and opened for 'Review' will be displayed in the 'Recent Finds' list.
  • Any POI or other map item discovered via panning the map page, including items that can be found via option one above, will not be displayed in the 'Recent Finds' list.
  • This behavior is easy to duplicate by first finding any POI or other map data item via 'Where To?' menu, noting its location, clearing the 'Recent Finds' list, then finding the exact same location via panning the map and again rechecking the 'Recent Finds' menu, only to find it is not displayed.
Do you concur?
steerage250

Unread post by steerage250 »

If by the "Where To?" menu, you mean all the options that appear when you press "Find", then yes, I agree.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Yes, pressing the (Find) button opens the 'Where To?' page, just the same as selecting the 'Where To?' icon in the app list.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”