BaseCamp keeps reinstating old track logs

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
steerage250

BaseCamp keeps reinstating old track logs

Unread post by steerage250 »

My gpsr has 87 tracks stored in it, and I don't want them cluttering the thing up. However, whenever I delete them using BaseCamp, the next time it syncs to BaseCamp, they get reinstated. I thought they might have been getting re-synced through Garmin Connect, but I have determined it is BaseCamp that is doing it.

How do I stop this ?
steerage250

Re: BaseCamp keeps reinstating old track logs

or maybe it is Garmin Connect because it seems to be running in parallel with BaseCamp's syncing ??
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

BaseCamp does not send anything unless you specifically tell it to do so.

Mac or PC?

If you are deleting via BaseCamp (or nay other method) on a Mac, you will have to empty the trash can before ejecting the device.

Have you ever paired your GPSMAP 66 with Garmin Explore on you mobile device? This app will do things you do not want done to your device database.... I no longer pair any of my devices with Explore. Too much headache.

Try using JaVaWa Device Manager to delete unwanted files if nothing else above helps.

Let us know how it goes!
steerage250

I'm using a PC. Yes, my gpsr is connected to Garmin Express on the PC - I suspect that is what is doing the "damage".
sussamb

Unread post by sussamb »

Express won't be doing it either, Connect or Explore will be the culprits.
steerage250

yes, it's Express doing the work, but I presumed it would have been getting it's data from Communicator. However, I deleted tracks/activities out of Communicator and they were still reinstated on the gpsr.

However, the solution seems to be to tediously (5 button clicks) delete them one-by-one from the gpsr. They can be hidden in a few places:
- Recorded Activities
- Saved Tracks
- Saved Tracks / Archived Tracks
- Saved Tracks / Archived Tracks / Auto ? (not sure where Auto was because it has disappeared since I cleaned it out)
sussamb

Unread post by sussamb »

Express just provides the link, it doesn't hold your data. You've resolved it now but really need to find out what is doing it as it'll happen in future too.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”