Delete GC "Next Stage" from GPSMAP 66s, SW 3.40

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
fulbrich

Delete GC "Next Stage" from GPSMAP 66s, SW 3.40

Unread post by fulbrich »

Hello,

I own a GPSMAP 66s , Software Version 3.40 with a couple of Geocaches imported by a GGZ file.
477.bmp
It is possible to create a "Next Stage" which is usefull for multi staged Geocaches by changing coordinates
after selecting the "coodinates" menu ?

After my trial I would like to remove/delete this "Next Stage" entry, but I can't find option to do this.
This created "Next Stage" is not listed in the waypoint manager, it is only shown in the geocaching app.

Is there a way to delete "Next Stages" ?
388.bmp
Best regrads,
Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Greetings from Germany --
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Delete GC "Next Stage" from GPSMAP 66s, SW 3.40

Unread post by GPSrChive »

This 'Next Stage' waypoint is stored only in the SQL database on your device, and does not exist as a *.gpx file that we can remove.

I am unaware of any method to remove it (other than deleting the internal SQL database), but it will update the next time you create a Next Stage for any other geocache.

Why do you want to remove it?
fulbrich

Unread post by fulbrich »

You are right. I was not confident with these created „Next Stage“ geocache waypoints. You are right, it is not necessary to clean them up.They exist only one time not multiple e.g for each cache. If a „Next Stage“ is manually created doing a new cache, the old „Next Stage“ of an older cache is deleted. So we have only one of them in the DB.
This works fine.

Sorry for making circumstances.
-- Greetings from Germany --
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for posting the question!

We learn something new every day!

Enjoy!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”