Displaying Altitude in Map Display

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
robert

Displaying Altitude in Map Display

Unread post by robert »

When in the map display and the cursor is used to show the distance to a point on the map only the distance and direction is shown. Is there a way to show the altitude at the cursor and or the height gain needed from your current point. Very useful for the question ' How much more do I have to climb to get to X?' There is enough white space on the display to add this without increasing the map area lost.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Displaying Altitude in Map Display

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Feature Request #19 added to Common Issues page.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Currently, the best solution is to set the desired location as current destination, then open Altimeter page to view elevation chart (blue chart is between current position and destination). Once set as current destination, you can also view Trip Computer Data Field 'Vertical Distance to Destination'.
robert

Unread post by robert »

Thanks for the feedback. But what I am after is something quick and I see no reason why Garmin could provide this useful feature alongside the horizontal distance.
robert

Unread post by robert »

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:02 pm Feature Request #19 added to Common Issues page.
Much appreciated, do you know if Garmin actively review this?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I am not standing over their shoulder looking at their computer screens inside Garmin HQ, but I do believe more than one employee there does occasionally visit GPSrChive!

Best bet is for you (and everyone else who wants this feature) to request it via email and phone, referencing feature request #19 here at GPSrChive.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”