Satellite Screens

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
Spiney

Satellite Screens

Unread post by Spiney »

I have been using my 66st in the UK and often enjoying GPS accuracy down to 2 metres using GPS + GALILEO with WAAS/EGNOS enabled. My impression is that I more often get this low number compared to using my old 62s with GPS+GLONASS with WAAS.

While I often see a “D” underneath the satellite bars on my 66st for the GPS satellites indicating their sIgnals are being corrected by WAAS, I have never yet seen a “D” under a GALILEO satellite bar (or a GLONASS Satellite bar when I changed the satellite set up to check), so I don’t know if EGNOS signals are being received or not.

Can anyone else using GPS+GALILEO with WAAS/EGNOS confirm seeing a “D” under the GALILEO satellite bars or GLONASS bars?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Satellite Screens

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Do you ever see bird 33, 37, 39 or 44? These are EGNOS SBAS Satellites.

Also, what firmware version are you running?

Email sent.
Spiney

Unread post by Spiney »

I’m running device firmware 3.0 and GPS chip firmware 2.6.

For reference, according to the EGNOS WIKI, the two active EGNOS satellites are NMEA numbers 49 and 36. Number 39 is in TEST mode. Satellites 33, 37 and 44 have now been retired.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Spiney wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am I’m running device firmware 3.0 and GPS chip firmware 2.6.

For reference, according to the EGNOS WIKI, the two active EGNOS satellites are NMEA numbers 49 and 36. Number 39 is in TEST mode. Satellites 33, 37 and 44 have now been retired.
Thank You! So many things to try and keep up with!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”