Nuisance whilst geocaching

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Nuisance whilst geocaching

Unread post by GPSrChive »

searchjaunt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:46 pm
gpsrchive wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 pm

However, the GPX/FIT file format will remain standardized, with the dates and times 'converted' on the fly based on device settings. Garmin does not dictate or control the GPX file format, they just follow it.
If that's the case, why does Garmin transform a <groundspeak:date>2019-06-15T12:00:00Z</groundspeak:date> to mm/dd/yyyy
I am not a Garmin software engineer, so I can only assume they are attempting to ensure the geocache logs and other geocache data be displayed in the same format on your device as you would see it on the Groundspeak website....

If they messed with it, someone else would complain that it is not exactly the same....
searchjaunt

Unread post by searchjaunt »

gpsrchive wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 am I am not a Garmin software engineer, so I can only assume they are attempting to ensure the geocache logs and other geocache data be displayed in the same format on your device as you would see it on the Groundspeak website....
The groundspeak geocaching website shows dates in the format chosen by the user.
Having said this, maybe it's time that can be noted as a feature request via this site since, as you might have noticed, contacting local support is rather useless.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

searchjaunt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 am
gpsrchive wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 am I am not a Garmin software engineer, so I can only assume they are attempting to ensure the geocache logs and other geocache data be displayed in the same format on your device as you would see it on the Groundspeak website....
The groundspeak geocaching website shows dates in the format chosen by the user.
Having said this, maybe it's time that can be noted as a feature request via this site since, as you might have noticed, contacting local support is rather useless.
Added Feature Request #14.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”