Geocaching update on 66s

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
ivhs72

Geocaching update on 66s

Unread post by ivhs72 »

So I took my 66s along on my mini-geo roadtrip last week, and it worked pretty good. I had loaded it with my usual pocket queries (that was another adventure, covered in other topics on this forum), and it worked quite well. It did show the caches I had loaded, it did give all the information for them, and the accuracy was pretty spot on as well. The only thing that I didn't like was having to switch between the geocaching app and the map app. I would use the map app to get to the cache but it I wanted to read the description or the hint, or to log it, I had to switch back the geocaching app. I know this has already been submitted to Garmin, but the 3.0 update did not correct that. It also worked well when selecting the next closest geocache (previously when I tried that, it would not display the map at all, but just a white screen). Updates to the map display when zooming in/out seem to be faster with the latest update. So a lot more progress on the geocaching front. It would be nice if the loading waypoints, etc. problem could be resolved, or at least a work around for it.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Geocaching update on 66s

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for posting an update and your impressions of the newest firmware!

We are still trying to get Garmin to add a link directly to geocaching page in the map and compass pages when the current destination is a geocache. (see GPSMAP 66 > Common Issues > Missing Features > #4)

You can keep calling and requesting also (and should!)!!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”