Can't enter lat/long coordinates

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
ivhs72

Re: Can't enter lat/long coordinates

Unread post by ivhs72 »

gpsrchive wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:23 am OK, well, removing all user data (files you installed) and performing a Master Reset then starting fresh may be the next logical step.
Been there, done that at least twice.......
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Would be very helpful (and time consuming for you) if you could make a brief video showing this behavior and posting to youtube and sharing the link here, or send the link privately if you desire, so that I could see exactly what is happening....
ivhs72

Unread post by ivhs72 »

gpsrchive wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 am Would be very helpful (and time consuming for you) if you could make a brief video showing this behavior and posting to youtube and sharing the link here, or send the link privately if you desire, so that I could see exactly what is happening....
I will do that in the next couple of days. I'll also make one with the 64s that I have to show the differences.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

ivhs72 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:05 pm
gpsrchive wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 am Would be very helpful (and time consuming for you) if you could make a brief video showing this behavior and posting to youtube and sharing the link here, or send the link privately if you desire, so that I could see exactly what is happening....
I will do that in the next couple of days. I'll also make one with the 64s that I have to show the differences.
That would be very helpful!
ivhs72

Unread post by ivhs72 »

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:08 pm
ivhs72 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:05 pm
That would be very helpful!
I've tried getting the unit to turn on the past few days, and I've fairly frustrated. It is continually hanging up on the loading waypoints/tracks/routes screen. I've deleted all the geocaches, I've deleted the SQL files, and it's just not reliable. One time, after loading my pocket queries, it did boot but it bypassed that screen. None of the geocaches showed up. When I tried turning it off and then on, it hung at that screen. Yesterday, I deleted all the geocaches, I deleted the SQL files, and then turned it on (I was at work). It sat on that screen for over 3 hours before I had to go home. The only way I could turn it off was to remove the batteries. When I got home, I plugged it into an outlet and turned it on. In about 10 minutes it was on the screen it normally comes up on. Turned it off, went to bed. Today I brought it to work so I could load some geocache, and now it's stuck on the Loading Waypoints/Tracks screen again.

This device is nice hardware, but from an applications and software perspective, it's a not-ready-for-prime-time player.......thank Heaven's I still have my 64s.....

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”