HRM Can Not Connect [Bug 44]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: HRM Can Not Connect [Bug 44]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

feraltek wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 am Have you tried other connectivity features - WiFi, Bluetooth, cadence sensors, etc. I don't know if there's anything in common with them all - it's just a stab in the dark idea in case it shows up anything.
Only other sensor in that list I have is a Tempe, and it works just fine 8^)
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Resolved with Firmware v3.10.
Themistokles

Unread post by Themistokles »

A bit late to the party, but for reference:

I eventually remember that I elsewhere have read the following: The HRM dual can use ANT/ANT+ as well as Bluetooth to connect (pair) with a device. In previous firmware versions, the GPSmap 66s became worried if the same accessory tried to pair using both methods at the same time.

Some people have resolved this problem by just turning off Bluetooth in the GPSmap 66s. Then it was possible to pair the HRM Dual with the GPSmap 66s (via ANT/ANT+) without any problem. Once paired / connected, they could turn Bluetooth on again without harming the connection. Even turning the device off and on worked without problems; the pairing, once stored, survived such reboots. So the issue indeed was only with pairing a new accessory.

This information may not be useful at the time of writing because 3.10 seems to have resolved the issue. However, I hope it's interesting at least for some folks out there ... Furthermore, other devices like the Oregon and eventually a few more may be affected by the problem (I don't know), and applying the solution mentioned above may solve it (again, I don't know, but would suppose so).
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you, Themistokles!

Where were you when I was having so much trouble with my HRM?

8^)

This is excellent information. I will make sure gets noted elsewhere in the wiki, hopefully it can be beneficial to someone else who has a similar experience!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”