GPSMAP 66 Firmware 2.80

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66 Firmware 2.80

Unread post by GPSrChive »

oldkingog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:42 pm Does Garmin ever look at this site and look into reported bugs?
Yes.
oldkingog

Unread post by oldkingog »

Yes, I have auto pause set for 3 mph. I commute to work on my bike. Interestingly, the incorrect data fields on the trip computer transfer to Garmin Connect accurately. So the correct data (ie. the elevation gain/loss) is in there, but it's just not displaying in real time correctly.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

oldkingog wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:30 pm Yes, I have auto pause set for 3 mph. I commute to work on my bike. Interestingly, the incorrect data fields on the trip computer transfer to Garmin Connect accurately. So the correct data (ie. the elevation gain/loss) is in there, but it's just not displaying in real time correctly.
There is your 'Stopped Time' answer. When you are under 3 mph, Auto Pause is engaged, and the GPSr pauses adding any data to the current track until you start moving again!

I'll look at the Elevation Gain/Loss some more and report back.
Zop

Unread post by Zop »

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:13 am
oldkingog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:42 pm Does Garmin ever look at this site and look into reported bugs?
Yes.
This is great to hear!
Although I only picked up my 66s yesterday, it has the latest FW according to Garmin Express and I'm debating returning it and sticking with my 64s.
The changes in FW that I need are minor but are a deal breaker.
oldkingog

gpsrchive wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:40 pm
oldkingog wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:30 pm Yes, I have auto pause set for 3 mph. I commute to work on my bike. Interestingly, the incorrect data fields on the trip computer transfer to Garmin Connect accurately. So the correct data (ie. the elevation gain/loss) is in there, but it's just not displaying in real time correctly.
There is your 'Stopped Time' answer. When you are under 3 mph, Auto Pause is engaged, and the GPSr pauses adding any data to the current track until you start moving again!

I'll look at the Elevation Gain/Loss some more and report back.
Thank you for your help with this. I had assumed that 'auto pause' would imply that my ride had temporarily stopped and that it would track the stopped time.

Thank you, too, for looking in to the elevation issue. You have created a very helpful website here and I am grateful for your time!

On another note, during two of my last five bike rides, the GPS has shut off during the recording of the activity. One time, it seemed to coordinate with an 'auto lap' notification and the other time just seemed to be random. I feel like I can ride out the more minor bugs, but the crashes are really concerning, especially if it happens while I am in the back country this summer.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

oldkingog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 pm On another note, during two of my last five bike rides, the GPS has shut off during the recording of the activity. One time, it seemed to coordinate with an 'auto lap' notification and the other time just seemed to be random. I feel like I can ride out the more minor bugs, but the crashes are really concerning, especially if it happens while I am in the back country this summer.
Crash reports get Garmins attention faster than any other.

Good news: You can email this information to Garmin as outlined in the Common Issues page and include the System.xml and GarminDevice.xml files from your GPSMAP 66, as they will contain encrypted data to help Garmin determine the nature of the crash on your device so that they may be able to improve the firmware for a future release....

But, you have to report it and send them the data, or nothing will happen.
oldkingog

Thank you for the reply. I have sent them two batches of files already, but will go ahead and send another to them.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

oldkingog wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:40 pm Thank you for the reply. I have sent them two batches of files already, but will go ahead and send another to them.
Thank you for your perseverance!!!
oldkingog

Just sent it in. I'll update when I hear back from someone.
oldkingog

After sending Garmin another folder, they are going to replace it yet again...

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”