Saved Waypoints, Tracks and Routes do Not Appear

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
ERHAU175

Saved Waypoints, Tracks and Routes do Not Appear

Unread post by ERHAU175 »

Hello,
My GPSMAP 66s is showing some strange behavior and I am wondering if I’m not alone. Every time I start the unit, a random number (different every time) of Waypoints, Tracks and Routes are not showing up neither on the map nor in Find nor in the respective sub menus in the Main Menu. If I look into the Collections Manager on the unit, the count of Waypoints, Tracks and Routes is correct including the ones not showing, so they are sort-of accounted for but invisible.
It’s super annoying especially as I never know if the hike or bike ride I’m about to do is there when I want to get going.
SW Version 7.2 (happened under prior versions as well). I just did a complete reset and wipe of the unit but no effect. Not using Basecamp but the iOS Explore and Connect apps to sync data from/to the unit.
Thanks!
ERHAU175

Re: Saved Waypoints, Tracks and Routes do Not Appear

Unread post by ERHAU175 »

Update … the d***n thing goes in the garbage now.The 66s is a pice of j**k, should have stayed with my eTrex 25. During the last sync between the Explore app and the device, all Waypoints, Tracks and Routes ended up in Garmin’s Nirvana. All gone from the device, the Explore iOS app as well as the Explore web app. And of course there is no “recently deleted” folder or such thing in those apps. I guess I’ll go hiking and biking with my phone and a battery pack and an app that actual works from now on. My apologies for the rant, it’s just super frustrating.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Saved Waypoints, Tracks and Routes do Not Appear

Unread post by GPSrChive »

No apologies necessary.

I hate Explore, for many good reasons and experiences similar to yours.

I enjoy my devices without ever using Explore.

Please start a ticket with Garmin Support and let them know about your poor experience.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”