How do I use my 64s to track my route

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 64 series GPSr
dbrents

How do I use my 64s to track my route

Unread post by dbrents »

I went on a hike yesterday and wanted to use my GPS to track my route so I could see miles walked, elevation changes, etc. I didn't see how to start. How do I start the tracking process? Does it start automatically when turn the GPS on? What if I want to turn the GPS on but not want to start tracking my route some time later - like I turn it on while driving in the car but don't want to track my hiking until I start hiking. Seem obvious. And how do I stop it? Or save it (this may be obvious)? Say I want to walk out following one route out and then follow the same route coming back, is there a way to check this? The Garmin manual is sooooo bad.

Sorry for helping with what is probably obvious.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: How do I use my 64s to track my route

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding the information you need.

You can find tracklog configuration information at [GPSrChive > GPSMAP 64 > Function > Pages > Setup > Tracks].

Here you will enable tracklog recording, enable or disable tracklog show on map, set recording interval, etc.

You can also find a helpful video at [GPSrChive > GPSMAP 64 > Garmin Video > 'GPSMAP 64: Saving and Recording Tracks'].

You may also find the [GPSrChive > How To... > Tracklogs] page includes additional beneficial information.
dbrents

Unread post by dbrents »

Thank you!!
gpsmap64s

Unread post by gpsmap64s »

Hello , In adittion about the moderator said , I will suggest you to create various profiles for example: Car with track , Hike with track, walk witout track etc etc .Doing this you can have many settings to customize the unit at your desire .About Garmin manual´s , you are right , is almost useless but you can download GPSMAP 62S manual wich was more detailled by far ( because it was ther first of the series ) with this new features .If you need more help , just let me know it

Return to “GPSMAP 64”